Mittwoch, 1. August 2007

About to leave - Whats that blog for? Why Korea?

In less than a week I am off to Korea!
It has been some very busy days lately. My work in the office kept me rather busy and all the goodbye's events with family, friends an co-workers were time-consuming as well.

What's this blog all about?
A few days ago I decided to set up a blog. It's a way to keep in touch with some friends and family members and it might help some people who are interested in a students life in Korea. You won't find any highly intellectual and scientifically well researched memorandums and abstracts on this blog, and neither I am going to expose my whole private life on this webite. Once in a while however, I envisage to publish interesting posts that may help some people to gain an insight into the lifestyle on the Korean peninsula.

I have no clue yet whether I am gonna continue to publish all my posts in english or if I might change to german/swiss german (my mother language) or french (pretty fluent). At the moment I stick to english, coz this might help me to brush up a bit.

Why back to university?
For what damn reason would I give up a rather good and well-paid job in Switzerland? Why not finally settle down...find a nice car, a nice appartment and a girl? The last 3 or 4 weeks I was completely lost in these toughts, rarely a day passed during which I didn't ask myself these questions.

Well, the reasons that led to my decision to continue my studies and to quit my job are manifolds. It might be a mix of wanderlust, thirst for knowledge and my joy to explore new cultures and languages, and last but not least love.

2 Kommentare:

Unknown hat gesagt…

Vielen Glueck in Korea! Mein Deutsch ist schlimm, Ich war neun Jahre alt wann Ich zu Amerika floge (floge, ist das recht?). Heh, I better stick to English :)

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hallo Daniel
hat es geklappt mit Zimmer?
Gruss us Dorf